This blogger recommends


Sufjan Stevens is from Michigan and he seems to be quite an interesting person. To me he sounds like Elliott Smith but in a healthy way. Sincere, sensitive, and smart. He has embarked on an incredibly ambitious fifty states project. The first of which was called "Greetings from Michigan". On this album he delivered a lot of really high quality music but the thing that is so great is that as a songwriter Sufjan is able to guide us through detours that we'd never catch without his aid. On the new record all one has to hear is the song about John Wayne Gasy Jr. for which the research he did pays off in spades. For a song that clocks in at less that 3:20 the listener is left feeling that he'd just finished a five hundred page tome that said it all. I could go on here but my impulse is to stop because I don't ever want to spoil this music for myself. I fight the urge to obsessively play this music. So I listen to this music, not too much and I discover new wonderful details each time. There all over the place. This guy cares a lot about the product Asthmatic Kitty is shipping with his name. Do yourself a favor and scoop this record up pronto. Your soul will thank you later.

Comments

Popular Posts