New media alert


I have loved/hated radio for a long while. Commercial radio in phoenix has been pretty much garbage until the last few years. We have this weird ghost radio station that now broadcasts b-side album rock on two frequencies. But I am a tech nerd so I'll go walking in the digital wilderness, purpose. Now podcasting is just it man. How it works is that a podcaster makes a sound recording on the ubiquitous mp3 format and posts it on their web site/ blog where you can dowload it whenever or for more avid listeners one may subscribe using itunes music player or some other solution. It basically solves the problem of finding fresh content for your personal digital music player. Starting last Sunday NBC's meet the press began putting out podcasts of it's show. NPR got in the game slightly sooner. It's Tivo for your ears.

What does this mean for you? Well if you care about what you put in your ears your options just got a lot more vast. And it's free. In another posts I'll give up some of my favorites. But first I must discriminate the freaks from the chaff.

Adios

Comments

Popular Posts