Sleater Kinney - Jumpers This Band is on.......

Indefinite Hiatus. This video has a plot. That should be enough reason to check it out. Many many people have an asthetic aversion to this band. That is so sad to me. They rock every album. This is the only band that I have the hair on the back of neck test with. Every single album this band has put out has produced a great and everybody who knows what is going on bows down as they enter the room.
I guess this just means that Slim Moon is haveing the last laugh. When they split Kill Rockstars an album ago they said something like I/we don't think that KRS is that into putting out records right now. Slim Moon replied that KRS would be around long after Sleater Kinney ceases to be a band or putting out music or something like that. So they went to sub pop. I think they might have been thinking like hey we are creating XL sized rock and KRS was at its best when it was 5RC ya know so time to move on. My sister (newly engaged) and I saw them in San Fransisco when they were touring to work out songs for the Woods record. The had dropped the well used if slightly rigid song, song, song, style and introduced improvisational episodes that gave me pause at first before recognizing that there was a huge ammount of rock power dripping from the Amps. The ladies look like they were having fun. All I know is that they never made a bad record as far as I am concerned and it must be hard to be in a musical three-way for so long. They did well to make it look so easy for so long. I hope they enjoy their well deserved breaks. If The Evens are any indication raw punkrocker talent is dificult to keep down.

R.I.P.
Sleater Kinney
Long Live
Sleater Kinney


C

Comments

Popular Posts