My inertia is su inertia


My blog is in a profound state of self loathing. I have been meaning to publish pictures and tales of mild adventure but I cannot force myself to write. Today however I have starbucks pulsing through my veins and I just downloaded The Bends so I am feeling a bit inspired. Last night was superfun. I had dinner with work friends at the Pita Jungle. Had Salmon and red wine a nice foundation for the alcohol that would come later. Here is who was there. Myself, Paul from work Jason from work my brother from my mother and his girlfriend Emily. They were downtown tempe searching for Icecream. We derailed them and fed them wine and beer so they joined our group. Seth Ellis from Tempe and now Parkslope Brooklyn. Ryan Kennedy from ironlemon.com. Michele who has one of the hardest jobs ever working for a crisis counseling agency in Phoenix. She has an apparently bottomless well of energy for that stuff. Kind of amazing really. Amy formerly of Nita's Hideaway fame joined our circle and it was a nice happy group all around.
I am all about the quality not quantity of going out these days. When you are younger the desire to go out and find fun is similar to the desire to eat. The older you get the less important it is and so I will stay home and watch a movie most nights. Harlan county USA was on the player Thursday night. It is up there in my favorites right now. You really get this feeling of fighting the power with a simple camera. I recommend it to all of you out there with Netflix.
Mike Hoober was here last week. And then he got to go home and see Radiohead. The Jerk.

So it is now super hot in the Valley and that is not cool but at least we have eachother. And that is enough. So as for pictures which are the cornerstone of this man's blog I have one. But I'd like to mention the one that isn't going to get published. It is a picture of a female soldier from Canada that was killed in Afghanistan. If you obsess over the G.W.O.T. like I do you know that things are really heating up now in said country. Thanks Donnie you're doing a heck of a job. The Rumsfeld doctrine is now officially just enough troops to lose. A.K.A. Lose, hold, lose. But seriously this woman who was a real soldier a real professional was killed in a Taliban attack and the Canadians have really lost a quality persona and we as a nation should start reevaluating how much we really do owe these other countries who are helping us out over there. Thanks Canada. You didn't have to do that. I hope you don't have to do it again but you probably will. Sadly.

Okay so that was a bummer and I want to turn it around a little. So last week I found this band called Shapes and Sizes and they are from Vancouver and they sound really good to me and have a record coming out on Athsmatic Kitty soon. The music is good but they took a band portrait in New Mexico that I love and here it is.

Comments

Popular Posts