I went to Hollywood


I went to Hollywood with two good friends. Tom Bernard and Ryan Kennedy they were to see the reunion of dinosaur Jr. Staring a white haired J. Mascis and an older Lou Barlow. We had an excellent time. The decision to go wasn't made until about a quarter to four in the afternoon. At ten minutes before show time we rolled into a ten dollar parking lot and I began searching for my Hollywood Blvd survival kit while Ryan and Tom ran in to the Avalon which was called the Palace when I saw Liz Phair there in early 1994. At that show I stopped being a Liz Phair fan. She could not sing at the time and I didn't want to hold her hand through singing lessons. I will not devote much more anything to Liz Phair at this point. So Tom and Ryan smoke their cigarettes and drink beers while I look for my wallet in the back seat of the car and psych up for a walk around. I shouldn't have been scared because the immediate area around this venue seemed to be patrolled by middle aged people in quasi militaristic uniforms from the future. Who were these people making there way to different buildings at 10:00 PM on a Wednesday night? They were SCIENTOLOGISTS. They smoke and chew gum like normal people but they wear uniforms with shoulder boards. Wasn't Michael Jackson a SCIENTOLOGIST? Could explain the shoulderboard period. I hate the fact that the celebrities get to skip the late night classes and get to move right into that religion's version of the VIP room. Not fair. Who cares.........

Comments

Popular Posts